Big Data Collection of Plant-Pollinator interaction
Big Data is characterised as having extreme or variable values of one or more of the following characteristics:
• Volume1 (size)
• Variety1 (structure)
• Velocity1 (acquisition rate)
• Veracity (uncertain quality or provenance)
• Variability2 (in meaning)
• Complexity3 (in relationships, sources, etc.)
1. Doug Laney. 2001. 3-D Data Management: Controlling Data Volume, Velocity, and Variety.
2. Brian Hopkins. 2011. Blogging From the IBM Big Data Symposium - Big Is More Than Just Big. 2011. Brian Hopkins.
3. Valentin Sribar. 2011. ‘Big Data' Is Only the Beginning of Extreme Information Management.